Enzo Maresca was very impressed with Christopher Nkunku, whom he hailed as an ideal player for his Chelsea system after the Blues won their first pre-season game.
Maresca s side hadn t had the best of pre-seasons before their clash with Club America on Thursday, drawing 2-2 with Wrexham before being put to the sword by Celtic in a 4-1 defeat.
But there were clear signs of improvement from as they ran out 3-0 winners in Atlanta as Nkunku and Noni Madueke both scored from the spot and new signing Marc Guiu scored his first goal for the club.
Maresca said he was pleased with the improvement as they try to break a habit that was clear in the defeat to Celtic which he described as suicide .
Asked about his side s performance, Maresca said: Very happy. When …
According to reports, Manchester United have discussed signing ex-Chelsea star Marcos Alonso, while an issue threatens their deal to buy Sander Berge.
have been active in the transfer market this summer. Having already spent around £90m to sign Joshua Zirkzee and Leny Yoro, a £60m double deal to sign Bayern Munich pair Matthijs de Ligt and Noussair Mazraoui could be completed today.
Man Utd could make more signings before the transfer window closes at the end of this month as they require additions in various positions.
While United s priority is to sign a new centre-midfielder, co-owner and his recruitment team could also look to sign a new left-back after Luke Shaw and Tyrell Malacia struggled with injuries last season.
According to , Alonso has e…
According to reports, Premier League club Arsenal are pushing hard to sign Barcelona-linked Athletic Bilbao winger Nico Williams.
target Williams was one of the standout performers at Euro 2024, helping Spain become European champions for the fourth time, making them the most successful team in European Championship history.
The Bilbao superstar scored in the final against England, combining with Barcelona wonderkid Lamine Yamal to open the scoring in Berlin.
He only signed a new contract last December, however, there has been lots of speculation about his future in the Basque region.
Barcelona are reportedly very keen on signing the 22-year-old but are hindered by their dismal financial situation.
Hansi Flick s side have completed the £50milli…
Arsenal legend Ian Wright thinks Liverpool midfielder Ryan Gravenberch has pleasantly surprised new Reds boss Arne Slot this season.
Gravenberch was on top form as Liverpool swept Manchester United aside at Old Trafford on Sunday with a brace from Luis Diaz and another goal from Mohamed Salah .
had spent the summer looking to find a midfield signing to improve Slot s options in the middle of the pitch but eventually opted to go with what they ve got.
Martin Zubimendi was close to joining the Reds in the summer transfer window before the Spain international .
Gravenberch has largely played in a more advanced role for previous clubs Ajax and Bayern Munich but he s flourished in a deeper role for Slot s side so far this season.
And Wright thinks th…
Joe Cole and Peter Crouch agree Man Utd should see their match against Southampton is a must-win game after their poor start to the season.
When asked if it s ridiculous to say it s a must-win game for Man Utd, : I think it is a must-win game for them today. And I just think with the context of where Erik ten Hag was, I think in the boardroom in the summer it was a real tricky one for them to know which way to go because he d won two trophies in previous years, the team had got into a good position and then dropped off a little bit.
There s lots of change and I think there will have been a real split whether to keep him. They ve gone with him. He really needed a big start and that s not happened. Losing the Liverpool game was telling, so I think today is not the game y…
A former Netherlands international has hit out at Liverpool head coach Arne Slot, who has apparently been acting like a moron at the start of this season.
was given the unenviable task of replacing Liverpool icon Jurgen Klopp at the end of last season and he s settled in well at Anfield at the start of this campaign.
lost 1-0 at home against Nottingham Forest earlier this month, but they are just one point behind Premier League leaders Manchester City after five games as they have won their other four matches.
The Reds have also got off to a perfect start in the Champions League as they beat AC Milan 3-1 at San Siro in their first group game.
Despite this, a Dutch pundit recently admitted
READ:
Valentijn Driessen said: “That good se…
Barring any unforeseen circumstances, it s very likely that FanDuel will be approved for a license in late January when voting on applicants begins.
The Massachusetts Gaming Commission found today that FanDuel reached all necessary criteria for an untethered Category 3 sports betting license.
FanDuel joined Bally s Interactive as applicants that have so far reached criteria for a license. The commission continues their week of hearings tomorrow as micro-betting specialist Betr comes before the panel to present its application.
The commission will begin voting on application approvals on Jan. 18.
FanDuel Planning Millions in Marketing in Commonwealth
FanDuel s online sportsbook is currently live in 18 states across the country that offer sports betting. …
The battle for rages on, as the U.S. Department of the Interior today officially opposed a requested motion for stay of a mandate to restore a 2021 Florida Gaming Compact.
West Flagler, who the motion for stay on Sept. 15, now has until Monday, Oct. 2, to respond to the Department of the Interior s (DOI) official objection.
So what does this mean exactly? It means that Floridians will likely have to wait another week for West Flagler to submit a response and for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia to review the document. A decision on whether or not to grant the stay will likely come soon thereafter.
U.S. Department of Interior Believes Stay Not Warranted
West Flagler a stay of the mandate on Friday, Sept. 15, close to midnight, intending …
online sports betting had a brisk first week of business.
The North Carolina Lottery Commission reported $198.1 million in online sports bets for its first week, with nearly $24 million being placed during its first day on Monday, March 11.
If the estimates stay true, the state will likely net more than $7.5 million in sports betting tax revenue for its first week.
North Carolina Launch Sees Millions Bet
Sterl Carpenter, deputy executive director of gaming compliance and sports betting, presented the state s first week online sports betting numbers to the commission. He noted that these are preliminary figures and aggregate amounts, which may ultimately different from the final totals reported to the North Carolina Department of Revenue.
For the Monday,…